I had to take backup from my client’s production site to make some analysis in my local server. So I took backup and restored the site in local server. Restored was successful. Then I changed the site collection administrator of the restored site as it was still pointing to the production server’s site collection administrator.
Then I tried to browse the site and found the interesting error “Cannot make a cache safe URL for "1031/styles/Themable/corev4.css", file not found. Please verify that the file exists under the layouts directory.” The very first thing I noticed the path contains 1031. Anyone can guess that this is language id and thought came to my mind is that my client SharePoint site not in English. The production site was in German language and when I restored the site, its looking for resources in German language ID folder.
Then I download the language pack from MSND and refreshed the browser. It worked like magic….